Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Tradition

I am so excited for this new season, Ryan and I are both in school and still working at the Rejuvenation Center. The summer flew by but we were able to sneak in a few vacations. I became so excited for fall this year that I ended up researching a ton of autumn recipes and I found a really great one at allrecipes.com for pumpkin bread. It made three loaves of bread. I thought it tasted simply divine and it very easy to make. Here's the recipe:


Pumpkin Bread
 
Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar 
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

I think this will be a new tradition each year. I love the foods this time of year. There are so many recipes that I cannot wait to try. Now my next challenge is Apple Pie...

2 comments:

Loren said...

Thanks for sharing this little peak into your life. Hopefully it will cool down enough for baking soon. As soon as it does I will try the recipe you found. The pursuit of a perfect apple pie may take a while...here is a trick...don't skip this step like I did last Sunday...use your pastry cloth...it makes all the difference...hugs-- kara

Lance and Kristi said...

Sounds delicious! I love baking in the Fall as well. Glad to hear all is well. Let us know how the pie turns out!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones